Thursday 30 September 2010

Rocking the boat in family history...



Today I'm wearing.....

A cute, lace vintage dress that I picked up at Camden market last year. After I watched the boat that rocked I got a little bit obsessed with the clothing so got really excited when I saw this 'little number' nestled amongst Camden's treasures.

I teamed it with my sister's borrowed/blagged cardigan, leggings and my high-street brogues



This necklace is an heirloom given to me by my Nan. It was my great grandmother's brother's who fought in the 1st world war. He bought it for his fiancée to keep a stamp in it so that she'd write to him while he was away. Sadly he died in action at 18 and his fiancée gave it to my great grandmother's mother....and then it eventually came to be with me. I have noticed that similar necklaces have started to appear on the high-street, but I love how my necklace has a story behind it xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment